Who We Are
The Bucks County Chapter PennAEYC, is a non-profit organization, and an independent chapter of Pennsylvania’s only direct affiliate to NAEYC. Our purpose is to serve and act on behalf of the needs, rights and well-being of all young children and their families in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, with special emphasis on high quality early childhood programs and practice. Further, we endeavor to foster the growth and development of early childhood professionals in their work with, and on behalf of, young children.
is to lead in the promotion of excellence in early childhood education in Bucks County.
- To increase public awareness and understanding of the needs and rights of all young children, families, and early childhood educators through advocacy and public policy initiatives.
- To create and promote professional development opportunities for early childhood educators.
- To advocate for standards of professional practice and quality in early childhood education.
- To model inclusiveness and respect for diversity in our profession.
In pursuit of our mission, Bucks County Chapter PennAEYC is committed to these values:
- Support for children and families to ensure the early years are ones in which children can grow, learn, and develop to their full potential.
- Advocacy for inclusion of all children in early childhood programs in Bucks County.
- Collaboration and advocacy for quality in all early childhood programs.
- Respect for diverse views and perspectives related to developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood care and education.
- Creation of a welcoming environment in which all individuals can participate fully in the organization.
- Cultivation of a strong, vibrant structure for our organization.
- Encouragement, support, and opportunities for the professional development of early childhood educators and caregivers.
- Recognition for the profession of early childhood education and care.
Our Leadership Team
Bucks County Chapter PennAEYC members have a long history in early education spanning well over 3 decades. Our leadership is comprised of early learning educators and specialists throughout Bucks County. Here’s a list of some of our Past Presidents followed by our current leadership team.
- 1985-88 Wanda Leypoldt
- 1988-90 Jeanette Twombly
- 1990-92 Pat Miiller
- 1992-94 Gail Wiik
- 1994-95 Rebecca Grimm
- 1995-96 Irene Gordon
- 1996-99 Jennifer Culp
- 1999-01 Lori Borman & Dori Dugan
- 2001-03 Roseann Fry
- 2003-05 Alison Sheridan
- 2005-07 Lisa Puchalski & Martha Szychulski
- 2007-09 Stacy Helton
- 2009-11 Dawn Marie Stempien
- 2011-13 Kathe Bryner
- 2013-15 Diane Donaher & Terri Mohapp
- 2015-17 Jane Mahler
- 2017-19 Kathe Bryner
- 2019-2021 Jane Mahler